9 styling tips how to wear kimono
Have you been shopping online lately or window-shopping with your best friend and noticed kimonos in a wide selection of prints and lengths? I have seen kimono’s every year from the time when I’d moved to Dubai six years ago. They are here to stay which is why I want to share with you 9 styling tips how to wear kimono. It ‘s not just Dubai where kimonos are popular it’s universally a trend at the moment.
- Kimonos can be worn as a jacket over shorts, jeans or dresses. Pair it with sneakers for a day-to-day look or heels for going out.
- Kimonos come in different patterns and colors. Don’t be frightened to choose a printed kimono. They are easy to pair with your one-color items.
- Summer holidays are just around the corner for many of us. Pack a kimono to cover up at the pool or beach
- When stuck for ideas in the morning throw a kimono over your basic white T’s and jeans for a more interesting look.
- An alternative to the abaya. Kimono comes in angle length
- Change your kimono’s appearance with tying your kimono loosely or cringe your waist with a belt. It creates a totally new look.
- Kimono are not just for outdoor; choose silk or a natural fabric to wear around the house as loungewear
- With temperatures on the rise kimono’s will keep you cool and conservative in sophisticated style (E.g. during Ramadan a way to respect the culture)
- Kimono are light, easy to carry and usually wrinkle-free. Either put it in your handbag (because you never know when needed) or bring it on your next holiday. Fold it a couple of times and voila you are good to go 🙂
Finally, I hope these 9 styling tips how to wear kimono whether you’re hanging by the pool or hitting the coffee shop with a book inspire you.
If you can think of more ways to wear kimono please let me know in the comments below
Stay cool and fashionable